Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart.

Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm back!

It’s been over a year since I posted last. It’s been a bit of a rough year- mainly it’s a Lyme thing. Stupid Lyme.


A year and a half ago I fell ill with pneumonia (due to my suppressed immune system because of the Lyme) and as it turns out, I was likely having micro strokes. I lost some of my ability to read and write, which terrified me. Pre-Lyme, I always felt confident that I would always be able to rely on my intelligence and for that to be taken from me was too scary. Luckily I have an amazing support system. They helped me get through the semester and then helped me figure out the medical support so I could work towards recovery. This Fall I began neural feedback, which has helped tremendously! I have found my cognitive abilities that the Lyme took away from me are beginning to return to their previous strength. I even think that I might end up stronger cognitively because of this process; I don’t expect it but I am hopeful. Another unexpected benefit was the return of my immune system. I always knew that I would be able to “muscle” my way back to strength and stamina, that those were aspects of my overall health that I had some semblance of control over. To have my immune system rebound is truly a miracle!

I began several posts in the last year that I never finished writing or bothered to post. I am resolved to change this. My writing quality may not be what it was previously but I will release attachment to my ego and post. It has been said that something that is 90% perfect and published is better than something that is 100% perfect and not published. Well, you all might have to settle for 75% perfect at this point.

I look forward to actually writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment