Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart.

Monday, April 12, 2010

True Confessions


In less than a week, I will be at my 20th high school reunion. I am normally very secure about my appearance, occupation, activities, etc even though the current circumstances of my life would push most women to neurosis. However, all of sudden I am finding myself obsessing over grooming and appearance. Wondering if I am skinny enough? Whitening my teeth, worrying about breaking a nail (really? Me, worry about my nails?)

These women are like my sisters- that is the nature of what happens in a small girls boarding school, we become family. I am sure there are some who disliked me, always have always will. But the ones who love me, love me for me- always have and always will. They don't care if my nails are perfect or my teeth are white.
I guess this is my public confession that I too am but an insecure girl inside, looking for love and acceptance and approval.

1 comment:

  1. Remember your great legs. Play up the assets you are most proud of, and you will feel more confident! (Though you are, of course, beautiful and such a neat person. But sometimes hearing friends say that doesn't do the trick... in that case, I say, do what makes you feel like you can rock out the 20 year reunion!)

    ReplyDelete