Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Lyme and a career path?

If all goes as planned, a year from now I will be done with school and will being working, hopefully full-time. This prospect scares the crap out of me. Not because work scares me but because my Lyme scares me. I do not make commitments that I can't keep. This makes committing to a full time job challenging. What can I do that matches my skill set but allows me flexibility for when my Lyme flares? I am a writer but I need structure, so writing from home would not work... not to mention the fact that I know the likelihood of making a reasonable living writing is as likely as winning the lotto: every one dreams big but few actually win. I could teach but that requires me being able to make it to every class, which we know I am unable to do.

How do other Lymies support themselves? How do you pay your exorbitant medical bills?

No comments:

Post a Comment